This version in effect since Friday 9th June 2017.
Information Automatically Collected
- Website – As is typical with many other Internet websites, the Website automatically collects certain information regarding Website users, such as the date and time you access the Website, the Internet address of the website from which you linked to the Website, the operating system you are using, and the Website pages read and images viewed. This information is used for Website and system administration purposes and to improve the Website.
- Cookies – The Website use “cookies”, a technology that installs a small amount of information on a Website user’s computer to permit the Website to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Website. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Website (so you do not have to enter your personal information every time), offer personalized web page content and information for your use and otherwise facilitate your Website experience. Advertisements displayed on the Website may also contain cookies or other technologies. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Website and your ability to access certain features of the Website.
personal information You Specifically Provide
- Your Personal Information – In your dealings with Rupert Resources and during your use of the Website, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information (such as your personal name and email address for purposes such as facilitating communications with you or facilitating your use of the Website. If you choose not to provide certain requested personal information, you will not be able to use the services provided by Rupert Resources or use certain features of the Website.
- Use of Your Personal Information – Rupert Resources may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, respond to your communications, provide services to you, process transactions with you and facilitate and enhance your use of the Website and as otherwise permitted by law. Rupert Resources may keep a record of all communications with you.
- Emails from Rupert Resources – If Rupert Resources has a valid consent available to it at law (including express or implied consent), or if consent is not required at law, then, subject to applicable laws and regulations, Rupert Resources may send to you, from time to time, email or other communications containing information about Rupert Resources and the Website and other matters Rupert Resources believes will interest you. At any time you may ask Rupert Resources to stop sending you email and other information by sending your request by email to Rupert Resources. Also, where legally required, each email Rupert Resources sends to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited email. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Rupert Resources reserves the right to retain your personal information and to contact you where required or permitted to do so by applicable law.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information – Rupert Resources may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances and as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law:
- Disclosure to Affiliates and Service Providers – Rupert Resources may provide your personal information to its affiliates and service providers for use in connection with matters relating to your use of the Website or the provision of services to you. Rupert Resources requires its affiliates and service providers to agree to use your personal information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
- Disclosure in Business Transfers – Rupert Resources may be involved in the sale or transfer of some or all of its business. As part of that sale or transfer, or for due diligence purposes in connection with such proposed transaction, Rupert Resources may disclose your personal information to the acquiring organization or potential acquiring organization, but will require the acquiring organization to agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy and in compliance with applicable law. Rupert Resources has no liability for the acquiring organization’s use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure – Rupert Resources may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where Rupert Resources has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to its legal counsel. Rupert Resources has no control over, or liability for, those persons’ use and disclosure of your personal information, and that use and disclosure is not subject to this Policy.
- Depersonalized Information – Rupert Resources may use personal information to create non-personal information regarding the use of the Website and related services. Rupert Resources may then disclose that non-personal information to other persons and permanently retain that non-personal information for future use.
- Accessing Your Personal Information – You may request access to your personal information and information about Rupert Resources’ collection, use and disclosure of that information by sending your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, and where the identity of the requester can be confirmed, you will be given access to your personal information within a reasonable time (generally 30 days), or Rupert Resources will provide an explanation if additional time is required to fulfil the request, and you will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. Rupert Resources’ response will typically be provided for a minimal handling fee which Rupert Resources reserves the right to vary depending on the nature of the request and the amount of information involved. Rupert Resources will inform the individual of the approximate cost to provide the response, and will provide the information upon receipt of payment. Rupert Resources uses reasonable efforts to keep its records as accurate and complete as possible. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information.
- Withdrawal of Consent – Individuals have the right to withdraw their consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of their personal information at any time, except where that withdrawal would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation by Rupert Resources. Upon reasonable written notice given to Rupert Resources, all personal information held by Rupert Resources that is identifiable to that individual will be removed from Rupert Resources’ records and a notice of the impact of that removal will be provided to the individual. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you withdraw consent Rupert Resources nonetheless reserves the right to retain, collect, use and disclose your personal information without your consent where Rupert Resources is required or permitted to do so by applicable law.
- Retention of Personal Information – Personal information will be retained in accordance with this Policy for as long as may be necessary or relevant for the identified purpose of collection, or as may be required or permitted by applicable law, after which time it will be made non-personally identifying or destroyed unless you further consent to its continued retention. Personal information which has been used to make a decision about an individual will be retained long enough (for at least one year after using it) to reasonably allow the individual access to the information after the decision, and long enough to exhaust any access request or a challenge an individual may bring under applicable privacy laws.
- Other Web Sites – The Website may contain links to other websites or Internet resources, including websites operated by other persons. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another website. Rupert Resources has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other websites or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- Former Users – If you stop using the Website or your permission to use the Website is terminated, Rupert Resources may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time. However, if you want Rupert Resources to stop sending you unsolicited email and other information, please send your request by email to email@example.com.
- Policy Changes – To accommodate changes in the Website, changing technology, and legal developments, this Policy may be changed from time to time in Rupert Resources’ discretion and without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. New versions of this Policy will be posted here. Rupert Resources’ collection, use and disclosure of your personal information will be governed by the version of this Policy in effect at that time. Your continued dealings with Rupert Resources or your use of the Website subsequent to any changes to this Policy will signify your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the changed Policy. Accordingly, when you use the Website you should check the date of this Policy and review any changes since the last version. You should also bookmark this page and periodically review this Policy to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version.
- Your Comments – If you have any comments or questions about this Policy or your personal information, please send your comments by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 82 Richmond St East, Suite 203, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1P1.