Overview of our Values
We take ownership of our actions and impact on stakeholders, the environment and each other.
We are honest in our communications with our colleagues and other stakeholders, embrace diversity and are open to new ideas.
We work with integrity and are respectful of our colleagues and communities.
We systematically meet our goals through considered and efficient application of our resources.
We are hardworking and resilient. We have sisu.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
Rupert Resources believes that Corporate Social Responsibility should be part of the operations of any company with a social conscience. The Group commits to prioritising and evaluating health, safety, social, and environmental considerations in our business, whilst seeking to achieve sustainable development as a core objective. We strive to balance social, environmental and economic concerns in how we manage our business.
Our corporate responsibility focuses on:
- Improving our health and safety to provide a safe working environment
- Ensuring good working conditions and fair treatment for our employees
- Supporting local communities and the economy
- Promoting gender equality in our operations
- Limiting our environmental impact
- Complying with, or surpassing applicable and relevant legal and regulatory requirements, whilst aiming to achieve standards of international best practice
- Identifying, assessing and managing risks associated with our operation to employees, contractors, the environment and communities
- Communicating and engaging with employees, contractors and all stakeholders to build relationships based on transparency, trust and mutual involvement, and to share responsibility for meeting these corporate aims;
- Conducting our business relationships with integrity, and honouring our trading commitments
- Integrating sustainable development into investment decision-making;
- Creating leadership and embedding the behaviours of sustainable development values across our operations; and
- Using our position to raise awareness of corporate social responsibility with contractors, clients and investors
Extractive Sector Transparency Measures Act
In compliance with the Extractive Sector Transparency Measures Act, the company discloses reportable payments.
Rupert Resources ESTMA Report Year ended February 28, 2022
Rupert Resources ESTMA Report Year ended February 28, 2021
Rupert Resources ESTMA Report Year ended February 29, 2020
Rupert Resources ESTMA Report Year ended February 28, 2019
Rupert Resources ESTMA Report Year ended February 28, 2018
Rupert Resources ESTMA Report Year ended February 28, 2017
Due to its geological composition, specifically the absence of significant sulphide material in historically mined areas, Pahtavaara ore has very high neutralization potential and therefore a negligible impact on the surrounding environment. Rupert Finland has undertaken base line studies to understand the impact of previous operators on the site and is undertakes systematic environmental monitoring. Results are delivered regularly to the supervising authority, Centre for Economic Development, Transport and Environment of Lapland.
Before returning mine to the production, Rupert Finland is restructuring water management and recycling to minimize emissions. The environmental permit will be updated to meet current legislation and to account for any changes to the scope of the of a restarted mining operation. The Pahtavaara mine is located in an area with important strains of brown trout and grayling, breeding directly in our water catchment.
Living and prospering together with our local communities and surrounding nature is a matter of honor for us.